Saturday, August 4, 2007

A bit of what my younger son calls "Hippy Speak".

Yes, every time I talk like this, he rolls his eyes and calls me a hippy. I take it as a compliment ;-)

But it's occured to me this week, in dealing with a few challenges, that we co-create this world. The only space we can really control is the space between our own ears. Alchemy is the turning of something bad into something better, and we can all choose how to perceive things. And what's reality anyway? Just clumps of energy that comes together - well, why? how? Because we dreamed it so.

You've got to have a dream. If you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true? Hippy talk, keep talking hippy talk...

No, I haven't been smoking anything. Or talking to Tracy Emin. Or even drinking, except tea. Strong stuff though, this Yorkshire tea.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mieke said...

Just discovered this blog of yours and have enjoyed reading it! Absolutely fascinated by your post about reclaiming power. Very supportive to see it all summed up there, at a moment where old pains about giving power away are being stirred up (re comments on EF's blog). It resonates deeply with me. This last year has been very much about reclaiming power for me, and it's wonderful to see the process so clearly described in your post. Good to feel there's more people out there trying to work with these principles!

August 8, 2007 at 11:08 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Hi Mieke - well it was the wonderful Caroline Myss who first put it into words that made sense to me. My post there was just my personal take on it. But yes, it's a brilliant process, isn't it?

Here's to a fully re-powered Mieke! xx

August 9, 2007 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger Mieke said...

Oh wow! She's doing a workshop in Findhorn in October!! I think I'll buy a lottery ticket. I was in Findhorn for the Soul in Education Conference in 2000 and I've always said I want to go back there for an even more personal journey. This sounds great. I'm definitely going to buy the book, Entering the Castle. The description of it has me thrilled to bits!
What a wonderful link, thanks Gill!

August 9, 2007 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Gill said...

Hmmm. I'm quite interested in that myself! Have always wanted to visit Findhorn and it would be fantastic to attend one of her workshops. That book is on my wishlist too - looks great, doesn't it? :-) I have her Anatomy of the Spirit, which was a life-changer for me.

August 9, 2007 at 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home